RRB Group D Selection Process 2023
RRB Group D Selection Process 2023: The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts the RRB Group D exam every year. Lakhs of candidates participate in the RRB Group D exam to fulfill their aspirations of getting a government job. Knowing the selection process is very important that comes to mind after completing the application process. The RRB Group D selection process includes 3 stages namely Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/Document Verification (DV), and Medical Examination. Go through the below article for the details of the RRB Group D Selection Process 2023.
RRB Group D Selection Process 2023
Once you are acknowledged with the RRB Group D selection process you can start the preparation accordingly. Have a look at the selection process mentioned below.
- Stage 1: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Stage 2: Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Stage 3: Document Verification (DV)/Medical Examination
RRB Group D 2023 Exam Pattern
The knowledge about the complete RRB Group D Exam Pattern is a must to secure good marks in the examination. In the below section, we have discussed the exam patterns for both prelims & mains examination for your reference.
RRB Group D 2022 Level-I Exam Pattern
Based on the performance of candidates in the Computer Based Test(CBT), they would be required to go for the PET/Document Verification. The examination duration and number of questions for CBT are indicated below:
|RRB Group D CBT-1 Exam Pattern 2022|
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Science||25||25||90 Minutes
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||30||30|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20||20|
- *The examination duration will be 120 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates accompanied with Scribe.
- The section-wise distribution given in the above table is only indicative and there may be some variation in the actual question paper. There will be negative marking and 1/3 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS-40%, OBC(Non creamy layer)-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%. This percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of a shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
- Where a second stage CBT is deemed necessary and held, the Railway Administration reserves the right to treat the first stage CBT as a qualifying test for the purpose of shortlisting a reasonable number of candidates for the second stage.
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT 1 exam, candidates shall be called for PET Three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this ratio as required to ensure the availability of an adequate/reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualified in nature. The criterion for PET is as under:
|Male candidates||Female candidates|
Document Verification and Empanelling of Candidates
- Based on the performance of candidates in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
- These additional candidates will, however, be considered for empanelment only if there is a shortfall in empanelment from the merit list or/and as a replacement against the shortfall on account of not joining of recommended candidates in the working post or/and any other special requirements.
- In case of two or more candidates securing the same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e., older person shall be placed at higher merit and in case age being same, then alphabetical order (A to Z) of the name shall be taken into account to break the tie.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
- It may also be noted that all candidates successful in DV are sent for Medical Examination. Clearing of such Medical Examinations by additional candidates (those called for DV beyond the notified number of vacancies) will give such candidates no right to be considered for appointment.
RRB Group D Selection Process 2023- FAQs
Q1 What is the selection process for RRB Group D 2023?
Ans. The selection process for RRB Group D is described above in the article.
Q2 What is the age limit for RRB Group D Selection Process 2023?
Ans. The minimum and maximum age limit for RRB Group D Selection Process 2023 are 18 years and 33 years respectively.