GDS Result 2023 Out: The GDS Result 2023 has been declared by the India Post for 30041 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) vacancies for all circles at the official website indiapostgdsonline.gov.in on 6th September 2023. The India Post GDS Result and 1st Merit List 2023 featuring the names of shortlisted candidates for GDS/BPM/ABPM positions across all regions, can be found in GDS Result 2023 PDF. Candidates who have mentioned their name in the India Post GDS result in 2023 list are shortlisted for the next stage i.e. Document Verification. On this page, You will get the GDS Result 2023 region-wise download link.
GDS Result 2023- Overview
The India Post has released the GDS Result Merit List 2023 PDF online. This PDF includes important information such as the names of post offices, the names of the positions available, and the minimum percentage needed for candidates to move on to the document verification stage. It also contains details like the candidate’s name, gender, community, and the documents that will be checked.
|GDS Result 2023|
|Recruitment Organization||Indian Postal Department|
|Post Name||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|India Post GDS Result 2023 Status||Released|
|India Post GDS Result 2023 Release Date||6th September 2023|
|Job Location||In the applied Circle/ State|
GDS Result 2023 PDF Download Link
On 6th September 2023, India Post shared lists of people who have been selected for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS), Branch Postmaster (BPM), and Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM)/Dak Sevak via the GDS Result 2023 for all the 23 circles. These lists are in a PDF file and show the names of candidates who are being considered for the next step, which is document verification. You can find the PDF links to these lists on the website @indiapostgdsonline.gov.in. We have added these links to the table below.
How to Check and Download GDS Result and Merit List 2023?
Candidates can follow these steps to download the GDS 1st Merit List 2023.
- Step 1- Visit the official website of the India Post https://www.indiapost.gov.in/
- Step 2- Download the PDF of the Result for the state given here.
- Step 3- Check your roll number in the list of GDS 1st Merit List 2023 PDF.
- Step 4- Enter your Registration Number or Name in the box and press enter to search through the PDF.
- Step 5- Please download the PDF for future reference.
GDS Result 2023 Selection Process
- Shortlisting is based on a system-generated merit list.
- The merit list is created from marks obtained in the 10th standard Secondary School Examination, converted from Grades/Points to percentages (explained in subsequent points).
- Passing all subjects as per approved board norms is mandatory.
- For candidates with marks or marks and Grades/Points in their 10th standard mark sheet, the total marks are calculated by considering all compulsory and elective/optional subjects (excluding extra subjects) to prioritize those with higher marks.
- For candidates with only Grades, marks for each subject (compulsory and elective, excluding extra subjects) are calculated using a multiplying factor of 9.5.
|Grade||Grade Point||Multiplication Factor|
Document Verification After GDS Result 2023
After the India Post GDS Result and Merit list have been released, the candidates will have to appear for the Document Verification. The individuals whose names are included in the India Post GDS Result 2023 PDF, categorized by their respective circles, must undergo a document verification process in order to secure a final appointment to the positions of Gramin Dak Sevak. The candidates who have been shortlisted must ensure that their documents are verified by the Divisional Head mentioned next to their names. The candidates are required to bring the following documents for the document verification:
- Original Marks Memo of the candidates for 10th/SSC/SSLC.
- Caste or Community Certificate (for candidates belonging to reserved categories).
- Computer knowledge training certificate from a recognized institute, valid for 60 days.
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable).
India Post GDS Cut Off Marks 2023
Candidates can check the expected cut off marks for the India Post GDS in the table below. The exact GDS Cut Off 2023 has not been released yet.
|Category||India Post GDS Cut Off Marks 2023|
What After GDS Result 2023?
Candidates whose names will be there in the GDS Result 2023 will be further called for Document Verification at the divisional centers. The documents required for GDS Document Verification 2023 are-
- 10th/SSC/SSLC Original Marks Memo of the candidates
- Caste or Community Certificate (For candidates from reserved category)
- 60 days Computer knowledge Trained Certificate From a recognized institute
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (If Applicable)