IARI Assistant Syllabus 2023
IARI Assistant Syllabus 2023: Indian Agricultural Research Institute (भारतीय कृषि अनुसंधान संस्थान) has published the notification for the recruitment of 462 Assistant vacancies for ICAR Headquarters and ICAR Institutes for which the aspiring candidates have to qualify the written examination & skill test. The syllabus plays a very vital role in boosting the preparation for the IARI Assistant Exam. There would be Preliminary and Mains Exams for which the IARI Assistant Exam Pattern and IARI Assistant Syllabus have been discussed in detail in this article. To secure the Assistant post successfully, aspirants should go through the official ICAR Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023. Check the detailed syllabus from the article
IARI Assistant Syllabus 2023- Overview
The applicants who are going to start their preparation for IARI Assistant Recruitment 2023 are advised to bookmark this page to study as per the syllabus and exam pattern. Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern in detail will be of great help to scoring good marks in the examination. A brief overview of ICAR IARI Assistant Syllabus & Pattern has been summed up below Table-
|IARI Assistant Syllabus 2023|
|Recruitment Body||Indian Agricultural Research Institute|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Marking Scheme||2 marks for each for Prelims|
|Negative Marking||1/3rd marks|
|Selection Process||Prelims- Mains -Skill Test|
IARI Assistant Exam Pattern 2023
Candidates should know the ICAR IARI Assistant Exam Pattern to understand the marking scheme so they can set their priorities straight, and study accordingly. There would be two written tests (Prelims & Mains) and candidates have to qualify in each exam to get shortlisted for the skill test. Check IARI Exam Pattern, marking scheme, and time duration for each stage from the below section.
IARI Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
- There will be 4 parts in the IARI Assistant Prelims Exam each consisting of 25 questions.
- The questions will be of Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions)
- For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded.
- For each incorrect answer, 1/3rd mark will be deducted.
- The duration of completing the prelims exam is 1 hour and for scribe candidates, the duration is 1 hour 20 minutes.
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|A||General Intelligence||25||50||1 hour (60 minutes)|
IARI Assistant Mains Exam Pattern 2023
- There will be 2 papers in IARI Mains Exam.
- Paper-I will be objective type and Paper-II will be descriptive.
- The time duration for Paper-1 is 2 hours (for scribe 2 hours 40 minutes and for Paper-II duration is 1 hour (for scribe 1 hour 20 minutes).
- In the descriptive paper, there would be questions related to the writing of the essay, precis, letter, applications, etc.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd mark in Paper-1
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|I||Quantitative Abilities||50||100||2 hours|
|II||Descriptive Paper (English & Hindi)||100||1 hour|
IARI Assistant Skill Test
There would be a skill test for the candidates who qualify in the Prelims & mains exam. They have to appear for a Computer Proficiency Test which includes three modules-
- Word Processing
- Spread Sheet
- Generation of Slides
The duration of the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) will be 15 minutes and modules will be conducted one after the other. IARI Assistant Skill Test is qualifying in nature.
IARI Assistant Syllabus
The IARI Assistant syllabus 2023 for each subject has been discussed in detail below-
ICAR IARI Assistant Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Similarities & Differences
- Space Visualisation
- Spatial Orientation
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concept
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Figural Classification
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series
- Syllogistic Reasoning
ICAR IARI Assistant Syllabus for General Awareness
The topics as per ICAR IARI Assistant Syllabus that are to be covered from General Knowledge & General Awareness Subject include-
- Current Affairs
- India and its neighboring countries
- Economic Science
- General Policy
- Scientific Research
ICAR IARI Assistant Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Whole numbers
- Relationship between numbers
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square Roots
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Time & Distance
- Time & Work
- Basic Algebraic identities
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle, Circle, Sphere, Hemisphere
- Bar Diagram
- Pie Chart
- Trigonometric Ratio
- Heights & Distance
- Frequency Polygon
ICAR IARI Assistant Syllabus for English
In this section, the candidate’s ability to understand correct English comprehension and writing ability would be analyzed.
- Active Passive
- One word Substitution
- Unseen Passage
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Detection
- Sentence Improvement
- Idioms & Phrases
ICAR IARI Assistant Syllabus for Mains – Descriptive Paper
The Descriptive paper will be in English or Hindi.
- Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.) will be of Graduation Level.