IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2023
IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2023: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) conducts the IBPS Clerk Exam every year to recruit clerical cadres in multiple banks all over the country. The candidates willing to apply for IBPS Clerk 2023 must ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements before initiating the IBPS Clerk Eligibility online application form. The IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria include Nationality, Educational Qualification, and age limit. The minimum age required to apply for the IBPS clerk exam is 20 years, and the maximum age is 28 years. Candidates can check all the IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria for the below Section.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility
The candidate requires the fulfillment of the following criteria to get the post in the IBPS Clerk Recruitment process.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2023 – Nationality
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2023 – Education Qualification
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government is necessary if you want to apply for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2023.
- The candidates must possess a valid Mark-sheet/ Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/ she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while applying online for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2023.
- Computer Literacy- Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory, i.e. candidates should have a Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in computer operations/ Language/ should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the High School/ College/ Institute subjects.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/ UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/ UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculated Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Age Limit(As on 01/01/2023)
The prescribed age limit under the recruitment drive is
Minimum age limit: 20 years
Maximum age limit: 28 years
Below has been tabulated the upper age relaxation for various categories
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the Defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|5||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria & Age Limit – FAQs
Q1. What is the age limit for IBPS Clerk?
Ans. The prescribed age limit for IBPS Clerk is 20-28 years.
Q2. What is the educational qualification required for IBPS Clerk?
Ans. The educational qualification required for IBPS Clerk is described in the article.