IBPS PO 2022 Mains Exam Date Out: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts an online examination to recruit Probationary Officers for multiple public sector banks operating in the country. IBPS PO notification with prelims & mains exam dates has been released on its official website to fill vacancies for the 2022 exam cycle. IBPS PO 2022 Mains Exam will be held on 26th November 2022. The examination will be two tiers i.e. the online examination will be held in two phases, Online Preliminary and Online Main. The aspirants must go through the complete details for IBPS PO 2022 as mentioned in the below article.
IBPS PO 2022 – Overview
Check out the highlights of the IBPS PO 2022 from the table mentioned below:
The IBPS PO 2022 Notification pdf has been uploaded on 01st August 2022 on the website of IBPS @ibps.in. The candidates can download the IBPS PO Notification from the link below or by visiting the official website as it is released officially. The IBPS PO 2022 notification contains all the details regarding the IBPS online application process, eligibility criteria and the number of vacancies. The IBPS PO 2022 Notification PDF link is provided below for reference.
IBPS PO Vacancy 2022
IBPS has announced the IBPS PO 2022 vacancy along with the IBPS PO Notification 2022. Here we have presented the detailed IBPS PO 2022 Vacancies. IBPS has released 8432 PO vacancies for 11 participating banks for FY 2022-23. There are 3 Banks that have Not Reported their vacancies namely Bank of Baroda (BOB), Indian Bank, and Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)The vacancy details for IBPS PO 2022 have been given below for your reference.
|IBPS PO Vacancy 2022|
|Bank of Baroda||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Bank of India||80||40||144||53||218||535|
|Bank of Maharashtra||75||37||135||50||203||500|
|Central Bank of India||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||1500|
|Indian Overseas Bank||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Punjab National Bank||75||37||135||50||203||500|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||38||23||66||24||102||253|
|Union Bank of India||346||155||573||184||836||2094|
IBPS PO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate who wants to appear for the upcoming IBPS PO exam should check that they fulfill the criteria required. Also, consider the age relaxation provided for the IBPS PO examination in the notification of IBPS PO. The candidates will be selected through Prelims, Mains, and Interview round conducted by IBPS for the recruitment of the IBPS PO Exam.
The applicant for applying for the IBPS PO exam could be:
- A Citizen of India
- The subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the intention of residing in India permanently.
IBPS PO Educational Qualification (as on 22/08/2022)
Applicants applying for IBPS PO 2022 should have the following educational qualification: An applicant possessing a graduate degree (such as BA, BCom, BSc, B.Tech) from a recognized university. Please note that the degree or marks should be obtained on or before the date(to be issued). Also, candidates possessing degrees equivalent to the mentioned qualification are also eligible.
Knowledge of Computers- As the exams are now conducted online, candidates need to know the basic working of the computer.
Language Proficiency- Verbal and written knowledge of the state/ UT is desirable.
IBPS PO Age Limit (as on 01/08/2022)
An applicant aiming for the IBPS PO examination should be between the age of 20 years and less than 30 years.
|Scheduled Caste||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Class- Non-creamy layer||3 years|
|Person with disability||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers (including Emergency Commissioned Officers, and Short Service Commissioned Officers) who served more than 5 years and resigned at the conclusion of the assigned project.||5 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the J&K from January 1st, 1980 to December 31, 1989||5 years|
|Candidates affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
IBPS PO 2022 Online Form
The online registration process to apply for IBPS PO 2022 has been started on 02nd August 2022 and last till 22nd August 2022 according to the official notification of IBPS PO 2022. The candidates have to upload IBPS PO handwritten declaration for applying online. Candidates can click on the link below to apply online for IBPS PO 2022 directly as the online application process is now active.
IBPS PO 2022 Application Fees
The application fee provided below for IBPS PO is to be paid by the candidates while applying online for IBPS PO 2022. Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges for the IBPS PO exam will have to be borne by the candidate.
|SC/ST/PWBD||Intimation Charges only||₹ 175/-|
|GEN/OBC/EWSs||Application fee including intimation charges||₹ 850/-|
IBPS PO 2022 Selection Process
The candidates will be appointed on the basis of their performance in the three stages of the IBPS PO Exam 2022. There are three stages of the IBPS PO Exam.
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
In order to get selected in the IBPS PO, the candidates will have to score a section cut-off as well as an overall cut-off. The selection process of the IBPS PO exam requires the qualification of each stage in order to get finally selected into the IBPS PO exam 2022. The prelims round of the IBPS PO exam is qualifying while the mains exam of IBPS PO requires the minimum cut-off marks to appear for the interview round.
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of IBPS PO the detail of the examination covering the question type, sections of the exam, duration of the exam, number of questions asked. The IBPS PO Exam consists of three stages:
Stage Marks Type of Questions
|Final||200 + 25||Objective (MCQ)
Except for English Descriptive Paper
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern
The prelims exam of IBPS PO consists of a total of 100 questions with a time duration of 60 minutes.
- Question type remains Multiple Choice questions.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks in the exam for each wrong answer.
- This round of IBPS PO exams is only qualifying in nature.
|S.No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
Questions type of IBPS PO Mains exam is again Multiple Choice with a slightly higher difficulty level. The Number of questions and the duration of the exam is higher. There is a negative marking of 0.25 in the IBPS PO main exam for every incorrect answer. Refer to the table for a brief IBPS PO Exam pattern for mains
|S.No.||Section Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
IBPS PO Interview
The interview is the final stage of the IBPS PO Exam.
- Candidates qualifying with good marks in Prelims and Mains of IBPS PO exam will finally be appearing for the interview process.
- The interview round of the IBPS PO exam is 100 marks.
- The final score obtained by candidates in the IBPS PO exam is calculated by IBPS with the weightage of marks given to the main examination and interview the ratio of 80:20 respectively.
IBPS PO 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the IBPS PO Exam consists of a general test of the candidate for their logical and general knowledge. An extensive range of topics is covered in the syllabus for an IBPS PO (probationary officer) exam. These topics are broadly classified as Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. The syllabus of each phase of the exam is different in the aspects of its difficulty level.
The topics are described below:
This section of the exam comprises questions that a candidate can relate to as per his thinking in a logical manner. Refer to the given topics:
- Seating Arrangement
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test
- Data sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
2. Quantitative Aptitude
Also known as Quant, consists of the mathematical/ numerical ability of the candidate up to a basic level(school level). The topics include:
- Number Series
- Ratio & Proportion
- Percentage & Averages
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Sequence & Series
- Quadratic Equation
- Permutation & Combination
3. General Awareness (GA)
GA questions are for the testing of knowledge of the current worldly knowledge possessed by the candidates and how much he/she is updated about them. Check the following topics for IBPS PO GK Syllabus:
- Banking & Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
IBPS PO 2022 Salary Structure
Salary holds a lot of importance in the life of an IBPS PO candidate. With high perks and bonuses, a candidate gets lured for the given post. Hence, the pay scale, structure of salary, in-hand salary, perks, and profile of the job is a piece of important information.
IBPS Bank PO Salary Structure in India is as follows: Basic Pay is Rs. 36,000, Special Allowance is Rs. 5,904 Dearness Allowance is Rs. 8,593.20 CCA is Rs. 1,400, Learning Allowances Rs. 600, DA is Rs. 1,552.50, Housing Rent Allowance is Rs. 3,240, Gross Salary is Rs. 57,289.70 and Deduction (Tax & NPS)is Rs. 4,659.32, and Net Salary salary adding all the above is Rs. 52,630.38
IBPS PO 2022 Admit Card
The call letter is an important document for the entry of candidates into the exam hall. Without it, candidates are not permitted to give the exam. The candidates can download the IBPS PO Admit Card 2022 from the official website or by clicking on the direct download button below before approximately 15 days prior to the exam.
IBPS PO Exam Centre
A separate call letter is issued to the candidates for this pre-exam training that is conducted in various centres across India. The list of centres included are:
|North India||South India||East India||West India|
IBPS PO Cut Off
Cut Off is the minimum marks that are required by any candidate to score in order to be shortlisted to appear for the Interview and thereafter for the final recruitment.
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum cut-off score in each test of the IBPS Main examination online and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for an interview.
- Depending on the number of vacancies available, IBPS PO cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for IBPS interviews.
- The final appointment will be made on the basis of the marks secured in the IBPS PO Mains Exam and the scores obtained in the Interview.
- Prior to the completion of the IBPS interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for the interview.
Given below are the IBPS PO cut off marks for preliminary exam 2021-22.
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
How to Prepare for IBPS PO 2022?
- Every year, lakhs of candidates apply and get recruited for government jobs including Banking, which forms a crucial part of the government exams.
- There are some govt organizations that conduct exams annually, bi-annually, and sometimes more. To prepare for a Bank Exam, especially IBPS PO, one has to be aware of all the vacancies that are released.
- The next step should be to know about the previous year’s trend of the questions asked along with the exam pattern of the particular exam.
- Make a list of topics for the exam you’re appearing for, using the syllabus. After this, you must list down the topics you need to devote time to in decreasing order.
- With this, you can divide your time schedule in order to inculcate topics daily. Try making a checklist while you are studying.
- Preparation should involve completing all the tasks (topics) in a complete manner, wherein at the end, you are able to answer all types of questions of each level. The difficulty level of the exam needs to be covered too.
- You should also know that your confidence will be answering most of your problems. Don’t lose hope when you’re stuck or when you are taking too much time to complete a topic. Be positive and stay focused.
IBPS PO 2022- FAQs
Q. What are IBPS PO 2022 Exam dates?
Ans. The IBPS PO 2022 Mains Exam is scheduled to be held on 26th November 2022.
Q. I am a graduate with less than 60% marks. Can I Apply for IBPS PO 2022 Exam?
Ans. Yes, all graduates are can apply for the IBPS PO exam. There is no required percentage to apply for IBPS PO.
Q. Can final year students apply for IBPS PO?
Ans. Yes. However, the degree, before the Application Form fill-up date.
Q. Is there any negative marking for IBPS PO?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking for every wrong answer in IBPS PO 2022. 0.25 of the total marks allotted for that question will be deducted for marking a wrong answer.
Q. What is the number of vacancies for IBPS PO 2022?
Ans. A total of 8432 vacancies for IBPS PO 2022 have been announced along with the IBPS PO Notification 2022.
Q. What is the in-hand Salary of the IBPS PO Post?
Ans. The initial in-hand salary package offered to an IBPS Probationary Officer is Rs. 52,000 to 55,000
Q. What is the selection procedure for IBPS PO?
Ans. The IBPS PO is held in three stages: Prelims, Mains, and interviews. The candidates will have to clear each stage to be eligible to be appointed as an IBPS PO.