PNB SO Syllabus 2023: Punjab National Bank has released the PNB SO Notification 2023 for 240 SO posts of Manager and Senior Manager in Credit, Industry, Civil Engineer, Architect, Economics, Data Scientist, and Cyber Security departments. Candidates who are appearing for the PNB SO 2023 Exam, must check the PNB SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern. In this article, we have provided the latest PNB SO Syllabus 2023. The latest PNB SO Exam Pattern consists of English, Reasoning, Quant, and Professional Knowledge. The total mark is 200. Read complete details of the PNB SO Exam Pattern and Syllabus here.
PNB SO Syllabus 2023
PNB SO Syllabus 2023: Punjab National Bank has recently released the notification for the PNB SO Recruitment 2023 of Specialist officers (Manager & Senior Manager) with 240 vacancies along with the complete syllabus. The first and foremost step for beginning with the preparation is to understand the PNB SO Syllabus and Exam Pattern. To get shortlisted for the vacancies, the candidates have to qualify in Online Main Exam. In this article, we have discussed the detailed PNB SO Exam Pattern 2023 and PNB SO Syllabus for Online Exam as notified by the commission.
PNB SO Syllabus 2023 Overview
PNB will conduct an MCQ test through the online mode for shortlisting the candidates for 240 vacancies released for Specialist Officers. Here are some general details related to PNB SO Syllabus 2023. Have a look at the PNB SO 2023 Syllabus details as summed up in the below table.
|PNB SO Syllabus 2023-Overview|
|Exam Conducting Body||Punjab National Bank|
|Exam Name||PNB SO EXAM 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|PNB SO Exam date 2023||2nd July 2023|
|Selection Process||Online Exam and Interview|
|Negative Marking||1/4 of the mark deducted for each wrong answer|
|No. of Questions||200|
|PNB SO Interview Marks||50 Marks|
PNB SO Exam Pattern 2023
PNB SO Exam Pattern 2023 is tabulated below. The exam shall be of 200 marks and the duration is 2 hours. Before proceeding ahead for PNB SO Syllabus, the candidates must be well aware of PNB SO Exam Pattern 2023. The Exam Pattern for PNB Manager and Senior Manager Posts is given below. The selection will be through Online Main Examination and Interview.
PNB SO Online Exam Pattern 2023
- The PNB SO exam will be held online mode.
- The tests except for the Test of the English language will be available bilingually, i.e. in English and Hindi.
- There is a penalty of one-fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
The Online Test shall be as per the following pattern:
|PNB SO Exam Pattern 2023|
|Part||Name of Test||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Part A||Reasoning||25||40||25 minutes|
|English Language||25||40||25 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||40||25 minutes|
|Part B||Professional Knowledge||100||100||45 minutes|
PNB SO Interview 2023
- The candidates who will qualify for the written test for PNB SO will be eligible to appear for the PNB SO.
- The total marks allotted for the Interview are 25.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the interview will not be less than 45% i.e.,.11.25 for SC/ST candidates & 50% i.e. 12.5 for other candidates.
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of aggregate scores obtained by the candidates in the Online Main Examination and Interview.
- Interview scores of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
- A candidate should qualify both in the Online Main Examination and interview and be sufficiently high in merit to be shortlisted for the subsequent provisional allotment process.
PNB SO Syllabus
Candidates can check the PNB SO Syllabus 2023 for Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Professional Knowledge. The syllabus for PNB SO Online Main Examination has been discussed section-wise below.
PNB SO Syllabus for Reasoning
The syllabus for Reasoning for the Online Exam is summed up below.
- Series Completion
- Verification of truth of the Statement
- Situation Reaction Test
- Direction Sense Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Puzzle Test
- Blood Relations
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Operations of Mathematics
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Sequence
- Missing Characters
- Sequential Output training
- Test on Alphabets
- Eligibility Test
- Dot Situation
- Identical figure groupings
- Forming figures and analysis
- Construction of Squares and Triangles
- Analytical Reasoning
- Paper Folding
- Paper Cutting
- Cubes and Dice
- Water Images
- Mirror Images
- Figure Matrix
- Completion Incomplete Pattern
- Spotting embedded figures
- Rules Detection
PNB SO Syllabus for English
The syllabus for English for the Online Exam is summed up below.
- Spellings/Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Antonyms and their correct usage
- Common Error
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- Comprehension Passage
- Spot the Error
- Cloze Passage
- Fill in the Blanks
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Shuffling of Sentences in a Passage
- Improvement of Sentences
- Idioms & Phrases
- One word substitution
PNB SO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
The syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude for PNB SO is summed up below.
- Time and Work Partnership
- Ratio and Proportion
- Boats and Streams
- Simple Interest
- Time and Distance
- Problems on Trains
- Races and Games
- Numbers and Ages
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Problems on L.C.M and H.C.F
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Equations
- Problems on Numbers
- Indices and Surds
- Compound Interest
- Odd Man Out
- Quadratic Equations
- Profit and Loss
- Simplification and Approximation
PNB SO Syllabus for Professional Knowledge
- Importance of Banks and Credit in the Economy
- The Role of Commercial/Corporate Credit
- Classification of Commercial Borrowers
- Role and Importance of the RBI
- Borrower Legal Due Diligence
- Structural Elements of Credit Facilities
- Commercial/Corporate Credit Products
- Key RBI Guidelines for Credit Facilities
- Credit Risk and its Components
- Measuring Credit Risk
- Credit Assessment Framework
- Credit Underwriting
- Introduction to the Basel Accords on Banking Supervision
- Understanding Objectives, Providers, and Uses of Credit Ratings
- Understanding Global Credit Ratings from External Credit Rating Agencies
- “Understanding National Credit Ratings from Indian External Credit Rating Agencies”
- Accrual Accounting
- Accounting Concepts and Principles
- Financial Statements Structure and Composition
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Project Appraisal
- Working Capital Management
- Priority Sector lending
- Retail Loans
- Types of Charges
- Credit Monitoring
- Fair Practices on Lender’s Liability
- Exposure Norms
- Non-Fund based credit Facilities
PNB SO 2023 Qualifying marks
Candidates have to qualify for all the Tests of Part-I. The Part II i.e. professional knowledge test scores will be considered only for those candidates who qualify in each paper in Part-I and merit prepared on the basis of Part II Marks. Minimum qualifying marks in each individual Test will be decided by the Bank. Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying marks as decided by the Bank in Part-I will be considered for shortlisting for Interview on the basis of merit prepared as per marks obtained by them in Part-II i.e. Professional Knowledge Test.
Documents in support of the eligibility of the candidates, shortlisted on the basis of Merit prepared as discussed above, shall be collected and only those candidates who are found eligible, in terms of the eligibility criteria prescribed for the respective post, on the basis of documents submitted shall be called for Personal Interview.
Personal Interview will be 50 marks. Minimum qualifying marks in interview shall be 45% i.e. 22.50 for SC/ST candidates & 50% i.e. 25 for other candidates.
FAQs – PNB SO Syllabus 2023
Q. What is the duration of the PNB SO Online Mains Exam?
Ans. The duration of the PNB SO Mains Exam is 2 hours.
Q. Is there any negative marking for PNB SO Exam 2023?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 1/4 marks assigned to each question for each incorrect answer.
Q. What is the selection process for PNB SO posts?
Ans. The candidates will be shortlisted through Online Mains Exam and Interview.