SBI Clerk Salary 2023: The SBI Clerk’s salary is exceptionally good in comparison to other joining-level job profiles in the banking sector. It is one of the most sought-after exams in India owing to SBI Clerk Jobs and the perks and benefits associated with it. Candidates selected as SBI Clerk get a decent salary in addition to several perks. It is essential for the candidates to be acquainted with the SBI Clerk job profile to realize whether they are an impeccable fit for the job or not. The recruited candidates will be on an SBI Clerk Probation Period of 6 months. In this post, we have discussed the SBI Clerk work, in-hand salary, job profile and responsibilities, perks, and allowances, salary slips, promotional, and career growth.
SBI Clerk In Hand Salary 2023
The In Hand Salary for the SBI Clerk is in the range of Rs 26000 to 29000/-. Candidates will be also receiving certain perks and allowances along with the SBI Clerk Salary 2023. Check the detailed SBI Clerk Salary Structure 2023 below. As employees posted in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, and Kolkata get comparatively a bit more amount.
- SBI Clerk Salary in hand 2023 = (SBI Clerk salary 2023 basic pay) + (SBI clerk Allowances) – (Deductions)
SBI Clerk Salary Structure 2023
The revised initial salary package of an SBI Clerk is about Rs. 26,000/- to Rs. 29,000/- per month including the Dearness Allowance (DA). The SBI Clerk Pay Scale is Rs.17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920. The initial salary package of an SBI Clerk in a Metro city like Mumbai has been revised to Rs 29000/- per month including the Dearness Allowance (D.A) & other allowances.
The starting basic salary for a candidate will be Rs 17900/- with a year-on-year increment of Rs 1000/- with the Basic pay while the Maximum Basic Salary of an SBI Clerk- is Rs 47920/-. Earlier, the starting basic pay was Rs.13075/- (Rs11765/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates). The SBI Clerk pay scale will be provided as per the SBI Clerk Notification 2023. The facility of yearly increment is fixed too. The increments given are as follows:
|SBI Clerk Salary Structure 2023|
|SBI Clerk Salary in India- Basic Pay (updated)||
|Dearness Allowance||Based on the Consumer Price Index|
|House Accommodation||Depends on the place of posting.|
SBI Clerk Salary Slip 2023
Aspirants must know the details of the SBI Clerk Salary Slip 2023 after the 11th bipartite settlement. For your better understanding, the SBI Clerk salary slip 2023 is explained here in a detailed manner. The major components of the SBI Clerk Salary 20223 are basic pay and allowances. By adding the basic pay to the SBI Clerk perks & allowances, you will get the gross salary.
SBI Clerk Salary Slip 2023
|Particulars of SBI Clerk Salary Slip 2022||SBI Clerk Salary Slip 2023 – Amount (Approx.)|
|SBI Clerk Salary 2022 Basic Pay||Rs.19900/- (Rs.17900/- plus two advance increments admissible to graduates).|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||Rs.6352 (26%)|
|Transport Allowance (TA)||Rs.600|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||Rs.2091|
|Gross SBI Clerk Salary 2023||Rs.32000 (Approximate)|
|Net SBI Clerk Salary In Hand 2023||Rs.29200 (Approximate)|
SBI Clerk Salary 2023 Perks & Allowances
Along with a highly reputable job profile and a handsome salary structure, the perks and allowances add up to the fascination of the job. The employees at SBI will be eligible for reimbursement of various perquisites, provident fund, Pension under the New Pension Scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit), Medical, Leave-Fare, and other facilities, as per instructions of the Bank as may be issued from time to time. After clearing the SBI Clerk examination, the clerk enjoys the following perks:
- Financial Security
- Pension under the New Pension Scheme(NPS)
- Medical Insurance
- Provident Fund
For such perks and overall package, a candidate must be through with their preparation. Do check the exam pattern & syllabus for SBI Clerk 2023 to start your preparation.
SBI Clerk Allowances 2023
The perks of being an SBI Clerk come with tons of graces. It is not only limited to the SBI Clerk basic pay scale but has ample SBI Clerk benefits and allowances 2023 facilities. Along with the basic salary, the list of other allowances includes the following:
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Special Allowance
- City Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Newspaper Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
Allowances vary from the place of posting. SBI Clerk 2023 salary also comprises House Maintenance Allowance, Furniture Allowance, Magazine and Books Allowance, and Reimbursement of phone and telephone bills. So, the overall SBI Clerk salary in 2023 will be the amount total of basic pay and allowances.
SBI Clerk Job Profile – Roles and Responsibilities
A candidate appointed as a clerk in the State Bank of India has an immense growth chance of growing until the post of General Manager. It is essential for the candidates to be acquainted with the SBI Clerk job profile to realize whether they are an impeccable fit for the job or not. As mentioned, it is a good opportunity to get an entry-level job in the banking sector. The role of an SBI Bank Clerk includes the following:
- Functions as a Single Window Operator
-Day-to-day bank functions such as opening accounts, amount transfers through cheque/ NEFT/ RTGS; Issuance of Demand Drafts(DD), Cheque clearance, Cheque book requests, receiving inward emails
- Functions as Head Cashier
-Sometimes, the clerk also functions as a cashier. This involves handling cash transactions of the concerned branch, clearing, and transfer of cheques
- The Junior associates may also function as special assistants or universe tellers
- The clerks are also liable for addressing customer concerns and resolving them
SBI Clerk 2023 Promotion
SBI Clerk work is versatile and offers many opportunities as well. Various opportunities are given to an SBI Clerk to get promoted to higher posts. There are internal exams and Interviews which are conducted at regular intervals where employees can apply for promotions. All the candidates who wish to get promoted from Clerk to Officer need to apply for the promotion test and appear for the examination as well and also undergo their service for at least a period of 2 years in order to be eligible for promotion to Officer. Promotions for SBI Clerk can be of three types:
1. In-Cadre Promotions for SBI Clerk
i) A special allowance of Rs 1800 is provided along with the total salary. After 10 years of service, the assistant becomes a Senior Assistant. (This Allowance is not considered for the calculation of basic pay).
ii) An assistant will become a Special Assistant after twenty years of service. This post carries a special allowance of Rs 2500/- (This is considered for the calculation of basic pay).
iii) An assistant will become a Senior Special Assistant after thirty years of service. This post carries a special allowance of Rs 3500/- (This is considered for the calculation of basic pay).
2. Promotions for SBI Clerk to Officer Cadre To Trainee officer
- A candidate as a clerk in service for three years can become a trainee officer after clearing a written test and interview. Such clerks are kept under probation for an initial two years of appointment as Trainee Officers. Based on performance and after the probation period, the trainee officer will be either recruited into the Middle Management Grade Scale-II (MMGS-II) cadre or sent back to the clerical cadre.
3. Directly to JMGS-I
- A six-year service under a fast-track promotion channel or after twelve years of service under a normal promotion channel, a clerk can become a Junior Manager Grade Scale (JMGS-I) officer, after clearing a written test and interview. This promotion is subject to an upper age limit.
SBI Clerk Salary 2023 – Probation Period
- A candidate will be serving a period of 6 months on probation. Newly recruited Junior Associates will be required to complete e-lessons as prescribed by the bank during the probation, to get confirmed in the Bank, failing which their probation will be extended till completion of the same.
- Further, before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the candidates who fail to meet the expectations of the bank will be required to take complete lessons again as SBI Clerk work is very important and must be done carefully.